Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ethiopia Day 5 - Court!

Court  Monday  November 21, 2011

I was up all night - diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, severe abdominal pains.  It was awful!!

I was praying that I wouldn't vomit during Court.  Becca gave me some phenergan ointment that I rubbed on my wrists to help with the nausea.  And prayed for supernatural strength for me to get through Court.

We have been so careful - using bottled water to brush our teeth, no fresh fruits or vegetables.  Seriously, I even spit the water out that touches my lips in the shower.  And I still got sick.

This was supposed to be an exciting day and all I could do was focus on not throwing up, and cry.

Beky picked us up at 9:45 am to take us to the Gladney office.  We gave him our humanitarian aid to take too.  We met Kirk and Becca, and Alicia and Kevin there.  We were all sitting in a conference room when Belay, so nonchalantly, tells us we all received positive MOWA opinions - couldn't believe it!!

We left Gladney and went to the Courthouse.  I think the Judge's office was on the 3rd floor.  We were told that we would be the last called so expect to wait an hour or two.  The room was full of people.  We walked in and were just looking around for a place to sit and were all called into the Judge's office - barely there 2 minutes.  A little embarrassed but oh-so-necessary I had my Target bag clenched in my hands just in case - with the mantra in my head "please don't throw up, please don't throw up".

She asked us questions as a group.  Did we all know this is final?  Will we teach our children about Ethiopia?  Did our families know about the adoption?  She said "this is permanent", "it cannot be reversed", "she is yours for good."  We passed!  Big happy tears - could not believe it!

No celebration for us.  We had Beky bring us back to BJoes because I was still so sick and needed to get to bed.

Beky took Frank and Koen to an indoor play area that had arcade games, slides, bumper cars - looked like an indoor carnival from the pictures.  They played there for about 3 hours.





We met another couple today who took placement of their 1 year old boy today.  So now there are 3 babies here at BJoes for Embassy.

We ordered Makush take out for dinner.  I had soup.  I'm feeling a little better.  Tomorrow will be good I'm sure.

We visit Beza in the morning!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you got sick. I don't know how I managed not to get sick....I thought I mentioned about the massages...whoops.. I will have to look and make sure it is in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having so much fun reading all about your trip. We are desperately waiting for our court date..hopefully any day now. I am taking notes from all your advice!! Thanks!!! Hoping you hear from the Embassy soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete