Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bend in the Road

So yesterday was crazy with news posted about Ethiopian adoptions. And as I was driving in my car, my mind racing trying to wrap my head around it all, I turned the radio on and tuned into a favorite Christian station. As soon as I did I hear Dr. Jeremiah reciting a poem called "The Bend in the Road".

The Bend in the Road
Sometimes we come to life's crossroads
And we view what we think is the end
But God has a much wider vision
And he knows that it's only a bend
The road will go on and get smoother
And after we've stopped for a rest
The path that lies hidden beyond us
Is often the path that is best
So rest and relax and grow stronger
Let go and let God share your load
And have faith in a brighter tomorrow
You've just come to a bend in the road
I like it.
And do you want to know where I was going while my mind was racing? To the store to return pink drapes I bought for little sister's pink room. What ever made me think pink drapes would tone down that crazy pink room? I just don't know about that pink. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem! It is so fitting... and comforting. Thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What perfect timing for that perfect poem. I am sorry for the awful timing of all these announcements. I can imagine how hard this must be but you are weathering it with grace. At least you have time to get her room just the way you want it! I spent months on our boys' room and it was a wonderful distraction (and I painted it twice because the first blue I chose was too blue! LOL).

    ReplyDelete