Thursday, November 17, 2011

In Ethiopia!

We arrived in Ethiopia today!  We just got our bags into our room when our driver asked us if we wanted to go meet little sister/B/our brown-eyed girl.  I told him we were scheduled to meet her tomorrow.  He said we could go today if we wanted.  Yes!  We quickly changed the clothes we had been wearing for the last 26 hours and jumped back in the car.

As soon as I stepped foot in the room I saw her.  Oh.my.gosh.  It was pretty surreal.  There she was.  Just like in her photos.  Beautiful.  Shy.  Nervous.  We played.  Koen even got hugs and kisses from her.  She held his hand and led him around the room.  She played with his hair.  He loved it.  He doesn't want to leave her here when we go home.  Me neither.

It was a visit filled with many emotions.  I have so much more to share.  And I will as soon as I get some sleep:)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how wonderful!!! What an incredible surprise to get to spend extra time with your precious little brown-eyed girl : ) I have goosebumps thinking about it! Very sweet post... thanks for sharing!
    So happy for you all!! : )
    ~Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that you made it and I can't believe you've already met her!! I'm dying for every single detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happened to us too..jumped off the plane, changed clothes and met Solomon. So happy you got to meet your baby..can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete