Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fourteen Months and Two Weeks

That's right - I am now doing the "month" and the "month and two weeks" posts.  Cause I'm losing my mind.

We are officially unofficially the longest waiting family now.  I can't say I'm surprised.  Ever since we got on the wait list we have met every monthly average wait and then exceeded it.  Last month the average wait was 14 months with the longest waiting family waiting 14 months.  Today we have been waiting 14 months and 2 weeks.

Our immigration approval expires in 90 days.  So now we need to file for an extension which means we will need a third home study.  We also need third physicals and third clearances, and if we don't have little sister home by March we will need to be fingerprinted a third time for CIS.

Seriously, seriously bummed.

This is just a little boo-hoo post.  We had a great Fourth of July weekend filled with parades, picnics, pool fun and friends that I'll post pictures of later.  Today I'm feeling boo-hooish.

10 comments:

  1. I hate that it's been this long! I keep thinking it's going to be any day for you guys. Totally fine to feel boo-hooish. Sometimes, you need those days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. It just stinks :(

    Some day this will all be a bad memory for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure hope we both get the call soon!! praying this is our week to see those little girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep checking your blog, thinking you MUST have your referral by now. Hoping it's soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nothing?!?!? I was sure at least you'd hear some good news this week! Praying tomorrow's the day! Hang in there. Soon enough, we'll see those precious faces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathleen, I am from Pennsylvania too. I live outside of Philadelphia. I am going to pray for you and your family. How discouraging. : (

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching and waiting with you... praying with you... God bless y'all and your sweet fam! It IS so hard. Soon.. it will be soon!!! :) ~ Tammy, from TX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathleen,
    I have been thinking about you lately and I wanted to just let you know that your girl is coming. And once she's in your arms you will KNOW that you are hers and she is yours. While our wait was not as long as yours, I cannot tell you how many times during "the wait" I beat myself up.... "if only I had gotten that one piece of paperwork in earlier, if only we hadn't had to wait so long for our fingerprints, etc etc. IF ONLY...we'd have been on the wait list earlier and not had to wait out a rainy season court closure..." BUT now that Bekalu is HOME and I am his and he is mine, I cannot imagine that I was not meant to be his (second) mother. Not the one who gave him life, but the one that will love him and care for him for his whole life. I cannot imagine any other child being mine. So please know, as hard and impossible as it seems right now in this moment, your girl IS coming. The one that you are meant to love and mother forever...she's coming. And she will be worth the wait. Until then, soak up the joy of that beautiful boy and get ready because the shift from one kid to two? Girl, it's crazy. It's awesome, but it's crazy! :-)
    Hang in there. SOON. You will see her face SOON. I can feel it!
    xoxoxo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete