Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cape May

I love Cape May, love it.  I dream about having a home there one day. 

Before Koen, Frank and I would stay at a different B&B each time we visited.  Beautiful old Victorian homes line the streets.  Now we stay at B&B-like hotels with Koen; we get the bed but not the breakfast  :(



We bought a body surfboard for Koen to use at the beach.  I don't think the handle attached to the board is for parents to pull their children but it was lots of fun this way. 



We play mini golf at every mini golf place we pass.






You really don't want to be the family mini golfing behind us because we stop to take pictures, smooch, take mulligans, and dig in the bushes for our balls.  We need to brush up on our mini golf etiquette.  (Seriously almost peed my pants laughing watching my boys hunt for daddy's golf ball.)

We always make the trip to the Cape May Zoo. 


Who wore it best?

Koen stalked this gentleman hunting for "treasure" on the beach.




The man was nice enough to give Koen his "treasure".

In the heart of Capy May is the Washington Street Mall; 3 blocks of brick-lined streets with boutiques carrying everything from clothing and fine art to surfboards and toys.  Most of the restaurants at the Mall have outside dining - love that.  And the best ice cream.  We love our ice cream.

It was here in Cape May almost 2 years ago that we ran into a couple that just adopted from Ethiopia and when we applied to Gladney after returning from our walk at the Mall.

The Washington Street Mall is also lined with benches.  My goddaughter's memorial bench is one of them.  Marissa was a beautiful 19 year old young woman who died after having her tonsils removed.   I sat here and remembered the day my friend Pati told me she was pregnant with Marissa - it was the day I gave birth to my first son Jamie.  We have been friends since 8th grade.  We had our first babies 8 months apart.  We both have daughters in heaven.  Marissa loved Capy May too.


We spent our last day in Cape May on the beach.  We splurged and had lunch delivered to us so we could have a beach picnic.  So fun!


Did I mention I love Cape May?  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment