Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sweet Surprise

No, the sweet surprise is not our referral. But it's just as good. Made me so happy I cried as soon as I saw her. This is Firtuna. I was reading Family From Afar (Karen Winstrom's blog) post about Love Letters Delivered. As I was scrolling through the pictures I was hoping, hoping, hoping that just maybe Firtuna's picture would be in this post holding the letter we sent her. And there she was!! I seriously just burst in tears! To see her beautiful smile brings tears of joy to my eyes. I love this little girl and will sponsor her for as long as she lets me!

She lives in Ethiopia and we sponsor her through Children's Hopechest. She attends the Kind Hearts care point with about 90 other children. A team from St. Joseph, MO recently went to Ethiopia to visit Kind Hearts care point and a wonderful woman graciously offered to hand deliver letters to the children from sponsor parents. So thankful for this.

What a sweet surprise! I will be sporting this cheesey smile I have on my face for a week!

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful and precious is she?!!!! Seriously, could just eat her up! Such a gorgeous smile! What a blessing to see her smiling face holding yours! Though geographically oceans apart, God brought you together and just look at the joy that resulted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... that is so awesome!!! What a gorgeous, precious little girl! She seems so happy holding your letter and pictures : ) Very touching... Will you have an opportunity to meet her when you travel to Ethiopia??

    ReplyDelete