Thursday, November 18, 2010

Joys and Sorrows

November is a tough month for me emotionally; a month in which I celebrate the birthday of one of my children and mourn the death of my other.

We had a wonderful day celebrating Koen's 4th birthday on November 3rd. His birthday party was at the planetarium and he was surrounded by all his friends and family. All 75 of us. I know - crazy. Who knew a 4 year old could have so many friends?


How cute is he?! Love him!

Then November 6th rolls around and I can barely breathe; the ache in my heart is unbearable.


My joy and my sorrow. No one ever promised one without the other.

(My birthday is also in November - the 27th. And I think my husband has something special planned for us. My husband - another joy.)

3 comments:

  1. Do you know that poem by Kahlil Gibran? I posted it on my blog about a year ago http://myfamilymyjourney.blogspot.com/2009/12/on-joy-and-sorrow.html

    Hoping for much, much joy in your future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you much happiness and many blessings! And... an early Happy Birthday : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your joy and your pain. I think two years after losing my babies it finally hit me that it really did happen rather than just some awful dream I had yet to wake from. I so wish i could say it gets better...less raw yes, but that hole will always be there I believe.
    I also have a four year old joy! She keeps me smiling!
    Hang in there with your wait for the call! The closer you get to the top the harder it gets to relax... :)

    ReplyDelete