Sunday, August 29, 2010

August Conference Call

Each month Gladney has a conference call. These conference calls are made to keep adoptive parents up-to-date on what is going on in Ethiopia: average wait times for referrals, court dates and travel times; a monthly topic; and Q & A session. I always look forward to listening to this call hoping the wait time decreases. Well, this month the average wait for a referral is now 8 months. I wanted to cry. When we started our adoption almost 12 months ago I really thought we would have her home by this September.

I don't know why this wait is bothering me so much lately. It's not as if I don't have a million things to keep me busy. Koen is getting ready to start pre-school in a week. I have been reading and racking up my CEUs thinking about going to work part time at St. Joe's critical care unit (very part time - don't want to go crazy). And when Frank is home we squeeze every minute of daddy-time out of him that we can get.

I just want to see her face. This adoption is like the longest pregnancy ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment